Object to New Zoning
Please click on the words "Objection to 1/2018/PLP" below to send an email lodging your objection to this proposal.
If you are using Outlook or another Microsoft Email Client then you may need to enable the option to allow commas as email address separators as well as semicolons.
Iphone users may need to press and hold the "Make an Objection" link for 2-3 seconds before an email option appears. The default Iphone email app needs to be enabled.
More detailed copy of the letter to send
The Office of Environment and Heritage submission obtained under the GIPA Act says 'The BGHF (Blue Gum High Forest) and STIF (Sydney Turpentine Ironbark Forest) on site are listed as potential ecological communities that meet the principles and criteria for Serious And Irreversible Impact (SAII). DEVELOPMENT CONSENT CANNOT BE GRANTED to proposals which impact on SAII entities'
• OEH and an independent ecologist both identified large areas of BGHF within development footprint
• Blue Gum High Forest in the Sydney Basin Bioregion is an SAII entity
• OEH says 'imposition of Asset Protection Zones (on BGHF) should be seen as a loss of these communities'. APZs must not be applied to areas of BGHF
• THE DEVELOPMENT FOOTPRINT MUST THEREFORE BE GREATLY REDUCED to prevent impact
• All BGHF within development footprint must be accurately independently surveyed
• The Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 applies. OEH says transitional provisions do not apply. SAII principles and criteria MUST be considered
• Legal advice to community group says inadequate consideration of the impacts on any BGHF 'may have implications for the validity of any decision to make amendments to The Hills LEP in accordance with the planning proposal'
• THE DEVELOPMENT MUST BE REDESIGNED including perimeter road, houses and units
• The Draft DCP, the Planning Proposal and the Voluntary Planning Agreement have to be re-exhibited
DEVELOPMENT CONSENT MUST NOT BE GRANTED FOR THIS PROPOSAL
;;; ;; ;;
Mirvac may contact you and suggest that you call them or even go in to meet with them. Rather than individuals doing this, rest assured that ForestinDanger will do that on your behalf and on behalf of the Forest.
Disclaimer: The opinions whether written or expressed by any individual are not necessarily the opinions of ForestinDanger